Elvis Return To Tupelo
Elvis Return To Tupelo er en 90 min. dokumentar om Elvis og hans fødeby Tupelo. Vært på programmet er selveste Kris Kristofferson. Udover at Kris er en stor Elvis fan så har han også skrevet tre sange som Elvis har indspillet "For The Good Times", "Why Me Lord" og "Help Me Make It Through The Night".
Selve dokumentaren handler som sagt om Elvis og Tupelo. Kort sagt Elvis' barndoms og teenage år indtil familien Presley flyttede til Memphis i 1948.
Med i programmet er masser af personer som kendte Elvis den gang. Blandt dem kan nævnes navne som June Juanico, Magdalene Morgan, Dixie Locke, DJ Fontana, Gordon Stoker, George Klein og mange flere.
Som ekstra bonus er der en ekstra dvd med i pakken som indeholder en masse spændene bonus film. Kapitlerne er som følger:
The DVD is filled with comments of lots of experts and people who where eye witnesses to the events, added with unique and historic footage from the difficult years in the Deep South. This movie is made by professional filmmaker and Elvis fan Michael Rose. It is obvious that this project is made with a heart for the subject.
An extra bonus DVD with 60min of features is added.
• Elvis week / Elvis festival
• Dedicated to us, the Elvis fans, with an overview of the yearly festivities that are held in Memphis and Tupelo.
• The Alamo Girls
• Seven girlfriends from Alamo, TN are out on an adventure when they travel to Tupelo in September 1956 to see Elvis perform during the fair. The seven teenagers can be seen on almost every footage and picture that is made during the concert. They are all standing on the front row and some of the girls are now telling about their special trip. We also see photos from their private album with pictures they made from the front row.
• Sun Records Line up
• A brief overview of the other artists that became famous due to Sun Records.
• Elvis meets Bill Monroe
• Bill Monroe, composer of ‘Blue Moon Of Kentucky', met Elvis at the Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville. The audience was not overwhelmed by the way Elvis performed their favorite country waltz.
• DJ Fontana: Elvis on TV
• Elvis' first drummer recollects some memories about the various TV-appearances at the Milton Berle, Steve Allen and Ed Sullivan shows. He goes in to detail about why Elvis did not like Steve Allen
• Sneaking into the Fair
• Elvis' childhood friend tells the story about how they sneaked in to the fair because they could not afford a ticket.
• Memories of the Colonel
• A short portrait of Elvis' 'controversial' manager.
• George Klein remembers the Coach
• Elvis was a for a short time a member of the Humes High Football team, but he quit because he did not like the coach. George Klein tells the story when Elvis and the coach met each other again when he was already a star.
• June Juanico & Dixie Locke: first date
• Two of Elvis' first girlfriends share their stories about being Elvis' date.
• Magdalene Morgan's Christmas gift
• During elementary school, Magdalena was Elvis' little girlfriend. She tells about the Christmas gift she got from him.
• Mike Freeman: owning Elvis' house
• Mike Freeman bought the house on Audubon drive that once belonged to Elvis in 1988. He tells about how it was to live in Elvis' home.
• Debunking the myth that Elvis was a Racist
• In the beginning of Elvis' career, a rumour was spread that Elvis was a racist. This came from an article, published in the SEPIA magazine. The JET magazine wrote that the rumour was a lie.
• Elvis enters the Army newsreel
• Original news broadcast about Elvis entering the army.
• Elvis leaves the Army newsreel
• Original news broadcast about Elvis leaving the army.
• Elvis gets married newsreel
• Original news broadcast about Elvis' marriage.
• Tupelo tornado newsreel
• Very rare footage about the Tupelo tornado disaster in the 40's.
• Washington Merry-Go-Round' Elvis Controversy newsreel
• Probably the most interesting chapter on the bonus disc.
• The program ‘Washington Merry-Go-Round' was all about important political news. This episode however was about the controversies around Elvis.
• In this complete 12min show from 1956, Elvis life story until then is told. The program concludes with a 'prediction' about Elvis' career. He is compared with educated and decent artists such as Frank Sinatra. Elvis is advised to get rid of all the vulgarity if he does not want his star to fall as fast as it came up.
• To understand the person behind Elvis, his musical preferences and his choices, it is important to discover the roots of this all. For the first time ever, all these facts are portrayed in such a detailed and interesting way!
Pris DKK 249,00
Andre spændende produkter i kategorien SONY/BMG:
Tilbage til Produktoversigt | Se indkøbskurv